You know what? I’ve walked in walk-a-thons and ran the 50m dash (in public school track and field events.) But I’ve never run a marathon or entered a triathlon (deep respect to those of you who have.) When I watch highlights of races and see runners crossing the finish line, I always experience a rush of excitement and a feeling of pure joy for them. And then there are the tears that come when they show that final person crossing the line – you know who I’m talking about – the one – who despite the odds – finishes – on their terms, at their own pace, fueled by sheer determination – they WILL cross that line – no matter what!
The finish line is an amazing place to be.
- It’s where the celebration happens.
- It represents a goal accomplished.
- It symbolizes the commitment, focus, and perseverance it takes to get there.
And there’s the deep sense of personal satisfaction that comes with saying “I did it.” If you think about it, your business is composed of a series of finish lines. Let’s be clear here. I’m not saying that your business is a race – or that you MUST run (by all means – hop, skip, jump, shimmy – whatever makes you happy.)
But what I am saying is this:
- If you want consistent results in your business, you need to choose which finish lines are worth crossing.
- You need to understand that not every race is yours to enter – not every idea is yours to implement.
- And while it might have seemed like a good idea at the time – exciting for sure – to crouch at the starting line and take off running at the sound of the starting gun – if you’re in a lot of races right now and losing steam before you finish – it’s time to re-think your game plan.
I’ll be helping visionaries do just that in a virtual workshop next month. You can find all the details and see if it’s a good fit for you here.
For the longest time, Mary tried to downplay her engineer-like super-powers. Now, as the Get-It-Done Facilitator, she combines her love of systems with her intuition to help Visionary Entrepreneurs stop procrastinating and turn their to-do lists into DONE (so they can stop hiding and share their brilliance with the world!)
Click here to take the Visionary Alter-Ego Quiz.
Join me on Facebook!